A Traditional Italian Tortellini Soup Recipe for a Lucky 2023
We are Back in December! If your house is glowing with fairy lights, laughter, and a beautifully decorated Christmas tree, then it is a clear inkling that you are already enjoying the month of the Holiday.
It’s time to have a gala time with friends, meet family over dinner, and pour some Bonterra into those empty glasses. But, aren’t you forgetting something? An amazing dinner idea is what you need to seal the deal.
Let’s try Italian today – Italian Tortellini Soup.
So, what about a flavourful, warm, delicious Italian tortellini soup in this freezing cold? Sounds perfect! It has been part of the traditional recipes and is a must for a New Year’s dinner.
We bet your guests won’t be able to resist this amazing Italian Tortellini Soup recipe. Moreover, this traditional homemade soup is considered to be a lucky traditional recipe.
What is Holiday Tortellini Soup?
Holiday Tortellini soup is a tasty soup recipe that is filled with sausage, fresh vegetables, and a great mix of herbs and spices. The best part of this recipe is – easy to make and can be ready in just minutes.
So, even if your guests come unannounced, there is nothing to fret about, you have a handy recipe to serve them.
You can serve it with crusty bread, a fresh green salad, or even grilled cheese sandwiches. It’s a great meal for chilly fall evenings.
Health Benefits of Italian Tortellini Soup Recipe
Tortellini soup is made with tortellini, tomato paste, and broth. This hearty dish is easy to prepare and is great served with crusty bread. It’s also gluten-free.
Italian sausage is often used in this recipe. This is a popular choice because it is lower in fat than pork sausage and provides a zesty flavor.
Fresh vegetables and spices add a rich, hearty taste to the dish. For extra fiber, try adding cannellini beans.
- Calories -238
- Protein – 11 g
- Fat – 11 g
- Carbohydrates -26 g
Ingredients for the Italian Tortellini Soup Recipe
It’s time for grocery shopping. Here are the ingredients that you need to make your Italian Tortellini Soup.
Time: 51 minutes (approx)
- 1 package Tortellini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces pancetta or bacon (finely diced)
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 ounces chicken broth
- 9 ounces refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 28 ounces of crushed tomato puree
- 8 ounces fresh spinach (rinsed and chopped)
- Italian seasoning, salt, and red pepper flake
- 1 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
Cooking Direction – Italian Tortellini Soup
The Italian Tortellini soup recipe is a simple, satisfying dish to make for any chilly night of the week. It’s also a quick meal to prepare, especially if you plan ahead.
Whether you’re making it for a crowd or just the two of you, you’ll love this creamy sausage tortellini soup.
- Take a Dutch oven and pour oil in it, heat over medium flame.
- Add the pancetta and cook until they are crispy.
- Now, it is time to add the onions. Cook for 4-5 minutes until they are tender.
- Then, add the garlic, and remember not to cook them for more than a minute.
- Add the broth to the pan, along with Italian seasoning. Leave it for 5-6 minutes and wait till it starts to boil and simmer.
- While the broth is being cooked, follow the package instructions and cook the tortellini, and drain the excess water without leaving any trace.
- Now, add this cooked tortellini to the broth. Keep stirring, and add tomato puree. Wait for 5 minutes till it simmers.
- Next, add the finely chopped spinach and wait for them to cook properly.
- Finally comes the seasoning, add salt and pepper based on your tastebuds.
- Turn off the heat and cover the lid of the oven for a minute or two.
- Next, pour it into a soup bowl, garnish it with Parmesan cheese and serve while it is still hot.
You can make this easy Italian Tortellini soup recipe with chicken or beef broth. This recipe can be adapted to accommodate gluten-free diets. Also, you can make it a vegetarian meal by omitting the sausage and substituting a meat alternative.
To make it a tad creamier, you can add some heavy cream. For a spicier soup, add hot Italian sausage. You can also try using ground meat instead of sausage. You can also make the best chicken tortellini soup out of this recipe. Try adding a pinch of red pepper flakes for a little kick.
History of Italian Tortellini Soup
While you keep your homemade tortellini soup over medium flame, let’s get to know more about it being a lucky dinner recipe. Basically, Tortellini is a type of pasta that is usually stuffed with meat and cheese. There are a variety of different fillings and shapes.
Usually, the filling is made of pork loin, prosciutto, or eggs. However, there are also families who make the filling with beef, ricotta, or other ingredients.
Tortellini are typically served in broth. Their history is a little confusing, but some historians believe that they were invented in the sixteenth century. The name comes from the hat-shaped bundles of pasta that are stuffed with a filling.
They are also often served with a rich sauce and topped with Parmesan cheese. It is a delicious combination. This broth later gained fame as Holiday Tortellini soup.
You already know that Tortellini is a traditional Italian dish that has been a staple in the region since the 15th century. Moreover, some purists believe that tortellini should be eaten in a broth that is made from capon. This is thought to cut the fat in the broth and make it a healthy Italian Tortellini soup recipe.
Last Minutes Tips
When making this easy creamy tortellini soup, you can make it ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator or freezer. The soup is best when served warm. If you want to store it for a long time, try placing it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Italian Tortellini Soup is an excellent recipe. With plenty of protein, carbs, and fresh vegetables, this soup is a satisfying meal. This recipe is a good one to try if you’re looking for something different from the usual tomato or creamy vegetable soup. It’s simple to make and tastes delicious!
If you are experimental, then you can easily customize and recreate the soup. Don’t forget to share your version of the recipe with us!