Try Quick Easy Soup Recipes for Dinner Ideas
Soup is one of the most comforting dishes around. It’s easy to make and can feed a crowd, making it perfect for busy households. But sometimes, you don’t have time or energy to spend hours in the kitchen stirring up a pot of soup. That’s why we’ve put together this collection of quick easy soup recipes that are just as tasty as the homemade kind.
Quick Easy Soup Recipes You can Try at Home
Whether you’re looking for a light lunch or a hearty dinner, there’s something here that will hit the spot.
Caribbean Chicken Soup
For an island-inspired meal, try our Caribbean Chicken Soup. This one-pot dish is packed with flavor thanks to cumin, chili powder, and lime juice. For a touch of freshness, we add in diced tomatoes and cilantro. Serve with warm cornbread for a complete meal that’s ready in less than an hour.
Chunky Vegetable Soup
Vegetarians will love our Chunky Vegetable Soup. This simple recipe is a great way to use up leftovers as it calls for whatever vegetables you have on hand. We like to add in potatoes, carrots, and celery for a hearty base. Then we add our favorite canned beans to give it an extra boost of protein. A sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on top is the perfect finish. You can also try out a creamy vegetable soup.
Classic Creamy Tomato Soup
Finally, no collection of soups would be complete without a classic creamy Tomato Soup. This easy version is made with canned tomatoes, diced onion, and a splash of cream for a hint of richness. A few seasonings like garlic powder, oregano, and basil give it an authentic flavor. Serve with grilled cheese sandwiches for the perfect comfort meal.
These quick and easy soup recipes are sure to be crowd-pleasers no matter what your family is craving. For a change, you can also try a traditional Italian Tortellini Soup. So, give them a try and enjoy!
Try Bisque Soup
Have you heard about Bisque? It is the best, smooth, creamy, and highly seasoned soup of French origin. Classically, one of the best quick easy soup recipes based on a strained broth of crustaceans.
In modern times it is simply a broth that is flavored with herbs and spices. Its origins can be traced to the Channel Islands, where the inhabitants found it an easy alternative to dairy-based sauces.
They would make bisque in a copper pot covered with aluminum skin in times gone by. No, we are not asking you to use a copper pot; rather, we have come up with a 30 minutes homemade delicious soup recipe.
This traditional soup can be thickened by adding a roux or a roux/broth mixture. In the past, it was often made from milk. A more modern style of bisque is made from chicken stock that has been heavily salted. Cheese, milk, poultry fat, wine, and herbs are added to the stock. The resulting soup is then thickened with a roux.
Why are homemade soups the best?
As you can see, there are many types of homemade quick easy soup recipes. For sure, we make soup to replace commercial brands. There is no real scientific proof that compares homemade soup to commercial brands. However, many facts prove that quick homemade soup recipes are best than delicious commercial soup.
- In general, homemade soup is very healthy. Since the soup is thickened with roux, it comes out to be thick naturally. Because of the thick soup, it is healthier than the commercial brands.
- The soup can be prepared in advance. Therefore, it is convenient for everyone. There is no need to heat up the soup.
- If the soup is homemade, it is always a fresh product. Therefore, it does not contain preservatives or any harmful substances.
Things to keep in mind while making any quick easy soup recipes
Thickened soup recipes are easier to make than other quick easy soup recipes. The method is very simple. It just takes time, but the taste is superior. The soup tastes even better when made in advance. The thickness of the soup depends on the ingredients. Here are some tips on thickening your soup.
- First, you need to grind the onion and carrot finely and add it to the stockpot. The ingredients should be allowed to cook for a few minutes. Then, it is time to add the hot water. Once the water is ready, pour the mixture into the soup pot. Stir the soup gently for a few minutes to allow the thickening agents to mix properly.
- After adding the thickening agents, you need to strain the soup carefully. Use a fine strainer or coffee filter and press the strained soup to remove the excesses.
- It is best to let the soup cool down for one hour before serving. The soup will become thick and tastier. Serve the soup with some crusty bread and eat.
It’s time for Dinner
Follow these simple tips and quick easy soup recipes to prepare a great supper. You will definitely love a hot bowl of soup on a chilly winter night.
Do share your ideas and favorite recipe with us.