20 American Appetizers Recipes for Your Get Together Parties
Did it ever happen to you that you are totally unprepared and suddenly some guests come over to your house as a surprise? What do you do then? Order a pizza? Go for a takeout? Both these take some time. Will you really make your guest wait for that? Well, we have covered you. In this blog post, we have mentioned some delicious American appetizers recipes that can amaze your guests. You can even include them in your seasonal house parties, get-togethers, picnics, family meet-ups, and enjoy!
Tasty American appetizers recipes you can try at home:
This list contains 20 of the yummy American appetizers that I know. They’re mostly small bites or bites that are a few inches across. If you cook or bake, you’ve made or modified one of these before. And, if not, we have the perfect recipes for you. So let’s start!
- Apple crinkle balls. Fill a muffin tin with flour. Mix 1 1/2 cups flour, cinnamon, sugar, butter, and salt. Press a ball of dough into the mixture and bake it for 10-12 minutes at 350-degrees.
- Apple-cinnamon crinkle cookies. Press a ball of dough onto a greased cookie sheet and sprinkle it with cinnamon. Bake at 375-degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Apple Crinkle cookies. Mix 1 cup of flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 cup granulated sugar. Press a ball of dough onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375-degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Blueberry balls. Cut small pieces of cooked blueberries and roll the pieces in flour. Bake in the center of the preheated oven at 350-degrees for 10 minutes.
- Blueberry meringue. Stir together 1 1/2 cups sugar, 1 tablespoon of butter, 2 cups of powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of ginger, 1/2 cup of chopped nuts, 1/2 cup of chopped dried fruits and 1 cup of milk. Cook this mixture in the preheated oven at 350-degrees for 15 minutes.
- Pumpkin pie. Use canned pumpkin puree instead of fresh pumpkin. Mix canned puree with 2 cups of melted butter. Bake at 325-degrees for 30 minutes.
- Cookies. Use pre-chilled cookie sheets. Mix 1 cup flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon cream of tartar, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, and 1 egg. Bake at 375-degrees for 10 minutes.
- Brownies. Use premixed brownie ingredients instead of making brownies from scratch. Bake at 325-degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Pancakes. Use pancake mix instead of making pancakes from scratch. Mix 1 1/2 cups of flour, 1 tablespoon of sugar, 1 tablespoon of baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl. Then bake it at 375-degrees.
- Waffles. Use waffles instead of making waffles from scratch. Mix 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 2 eggs, 1 cup of melted butter, 1 cup of granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, and 1/4 cup of milk in a medium bowl. Put them on the waffle maker and enjoy this tasty treat!
You can also use pre-chilled waffle mix instead of making waffles from scratch. Mix in flour, butter, and milk instead of butter and oil.
- Breakfast cereals. Use boxed or vanilla-flavored cereal instead of making cereals from scratch. Put cereal mix in a small bowl and mix with milk, eggs, and sugar. Top with sprinkles, nuts, and fruit, such as dried fruit.
- Pizza. Use pepperoni or sausage instead of making pizza from scratch. Mix 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon of yeast, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon of sugar, 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, and 1 egg in a medium bowl. Now cook it for 12-15 minutes.
- Cookies. Use premixed cookie dough instead of making cookies from scratch. Mix in water, oil, and egg instead of flour, sugar, and butter. Mix until you achieve a smooth batter. Then bake it at 375-degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Cookie dough for cupcakes. Use premixed cookie dough instead of making cookies from scratch. Place 3 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 cup of cornmeal, 1 cup of icing sugar, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and 1 teaspoon cream of tartar in a medium bowl. Once done, bake it at 375-degrees at least for 12 minutes.
- Bake cupcakes. Use premixed cookie dough instead of making cupcakes from scratch. Put 1 cup of white sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, 1/4 cup of egg, and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice in a medium bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon until you achieve a smooth batter.
- Cake frosting. Use pre-chiseled cake frosting instead of making cakes from scratch. Mix 1 cup of unsweetened icing sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, 1 teaspoon of egg whites, 1 teaspoon of corn syrup, and 1/2 cup of milk in a medium bowl.
- Cake crumbs. Use pre-chiseled cake crumbs instead of making cakes from scratch. Put 1 cup of unsweetened icing sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, 1 teaspoon of egg whites, and 1 cup of milk in a medium bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon until you achieve a smooth batter.
- Frosting. Use pre-chiseled frosting instead of making frostings from scratch.
- Pastry icing. Use premixed pastry icing instead of making pastry from scratch.
- Muffins. Use pre-chiseled muffins instead of making muffins from scratch. Place 12 eggs, 3 cups of flour, 2 cups of cornmeal, 1 cup of milk, and 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a medium bowl. Mix the flour, cornmeal, and milk until the batter resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Place 12 egg whites and 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a small bowl. Mix the egg whites, cornmeal, and oil until the mixture resembles a paste. Place muffin pans in a cold oven. Fill muffin cups with the prepared muffin batter. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake muffins for 20 to 25 minutes at 350-degrees until the muffins turn a golden brown.
Muffins do not have to be mixed until done. When they turn golden brown, but are not yet done, put a wooden spoon in the muffin cups to make indentations. Mix the egg whites until they turn foamy.
In the closing,
Party means nice foods, and it feels great when you start with some quick bites along with the main course. I hope the above-mentioned 21 American appetizers recipes will help you get some cool party bites ideas. If you have more ideas for house parties, share them with us below in the comment box. Thank you for reading!