28 Food Ideas for A Kid’s Lunch Box You Should Know
Kids are sweet, but annoying when they bring the full lunch box home without even touching the lunch packed for them. And, this happens when they don’t like the food or it seems to be boring to them. Often we get confused about what we should pack for their lunch, but that era has gone. Now you can make several delicious lunches for your kids at home using easy recipes. In this article, we have covered 28 food ideas for a kid’s lunch box that can make your kids love their food and they won’t even be trading their lunch with the other kids!
Delicious food ideas for a kid’s lunch box:
I am always looking for fun kid-friendly lunch ideas. I try to put together a full day of treats and lunch ideas that I know will please the kids. I have a full range of options in the lunch box, such as snacks, wraps, noodle salads, rolls and wraps, dips, smoothies, veggie sticks, pasta sticks, fruit salad, pasta dishes, wraps, smoothies, carrot sticks, chips, hummus and much more.
If you don’t have a variety of healthy kid-friendly snacks available, just create one. Kids love variety and so will gobble up a veggie stick or hummus. Here are a few of my healthy kid-friendly snack ideas.
- Sushi Rolls: This snack is a great choice for kids who have a fear of water. It is a great snack that they can dip into the tiny tuna rolls and still have room to chew on their macaroni.
- Mini Tacos: Kids can stuff these into their faces as they are, and they are small enough to eat in a matter of minutes. Just use canned chopped taco seasoning and shredded cheese.
- Tuna Salad: This is a great snack to pack because the kids can eat it whole and then pick out individual portions for themselves. Just make sure that you have drained and chopped tomatoes and onions.
- Sunkist Chips: These are other kid-friendly snacks that can be eaten as a whole. This is ideal if your child is allergic to nuts. You can even pack half of a Sunkist Chip with 1 tablespoon full of peanut butter and some fruit for kids who are watching their weight.
- Peanut Butter Sunkist Chips: This snack is another great choice if your child is watching their weight. For a peanut butter allergy, you can use chew. It prevents choking as well.
- Bananas: This is a great snack for kids, as it is healthy, fun, and tastes great. Just remember to pack in healthy treats, so they still feel satisfied but not weighed down by the entire box.
- Cheese balls: Kids love these and this is a great choice for those who are watching their weight.
- Grated Cheddar Balls: This is another great snack idea for kids and is a low-fat alternative to meat. Simply cut the cheddar cheese into cubes and pack in a sandwich bag.
- Mini-snowballs: These are a great choice for kids who are watching their weight. For a snowball, allergy look for the red color.
- Rice Chex: This is another great snack that can be packed in a lunch box, or packed in a lunch salad. You can either use the basic rice chex filling or add on some veggies and lean meat.
- Mini burgers: These can be packed in a lunch box or within a lunch salad. These are another great healthy snack idea for kids and are a great choice for those watching their weight.
- Macaroni: This is a great lunch box idea and is also a healthy choice for those watching their weight. Choose the basic macaroni filling or add on some tofu and lean meat. You can also pack macaroni salads.
- Chicken or Turkey Burger: This is a healthy choice for kids and is another great low-fat snack idea. Simply boil the chicken or turkey meat, mix with your favorite dip and you are ready to eat.
- Salads: You can pack any type of salad as long as it is a grain, cooked corn, or couscous salad. These can also be a fruit salad and can be filled with other foods. These salad choices are also the perfect easy lunch box and snack choice for those watching their weight.
- Canned Salmon: This is a great low-fat snack choice that can be packed in a lunch box or lunch salad. Choose the basic canned salmon filling, or add on some light tuna and lean meat to it. You can also add rice and veggies if you want. This is also a great lunch box and snack choice for those kids watching their weight.
- Tuna Fish Sandwiches: This is another great low-fat lunch box idea for kids and is also a great choice for those watching their weight. You can either pack the basic tuna fish sandwich filling or add on the light tuna and the lean meat.
- Greek Bread: This is another healthy choice that can be packed in a lunch box. There are also plenty of healthy variations. Simply boil the wheat in some olive oil, garlic, and fresh herbs, spread the delicious and nutritious filling, or you can also add on the tasty spices.
- Black Bean Salad: This can either be a great snack for kids or a healthy lunch box pick. For kids, the basic filling is always lettuce, tomato, bell pepper, and some spices. Add on some light tuna and lean meat as well. You can also add some baked chips or crackers and chopped nuts to satisfy those kids.
- Veggie: This is also a great healthy snack and can be packed in a lunch box. Choose seasonal veggies, saute them and then either pack the basic tuna fish filling or add on the light tuna and the lean meat to add on it if you want. Add on some buns and then baked chips or crackers as well to satisfy your kids’ minds.
- Avocado Salad: This is a must-have salad for those who do not like fats. You can either pack the basic tuna fish filling or add on the light tuna and the lean meat along with this salad. You can even add some sliced almonds to satisfy your kids’ salad cravings.
- Cucumber Sandwich: This is a salad recipe that everyone must try at least once in their lives. This is a delicious recipe that the whole family can enjoy. Simply boil the cucumbers with some olive oil and sprinkle the cucumber with spices. Serve with the basic tuna fish filling.
- Mashed Potatoes: This is a great low-fat lunch box pick, that can be packed in a lunch box. This recipe is great for kids. You can either pack the basic filling or add on the light tuna and the lean meat. Add on some sliced almonds along with it to satisfy your kids.
- Fruit Salad: This is another great low-fat lunch box pick. This recipe is also a delicious snack and can be packed in a lunch box. You can either pack the basic filling or add on the light tuna and the lean meat. Even some sliced almonds can go well with this to satisfy your kids.
- Tomato Bisque: This is a fabulous recipe that the whole family will love. It is a soup recipe that you can easily make. This recipe is perfect for those who want to pack in a lunch box.
- Spinach Salad: This is a classic favorite. Add diced or finely chopped carrots or finely chopped mixed vegetables. To pack in a lunch box just make the dressing and mix with mayonnaise or yogurt, add a dab of yogurt and some minced cucumber. The cucumber mix adds a bit of a sweetness that is just perfect.
- Grilled Chicken Salad: Combine a dollop of sour cream or tahini, a drizzle of olive oil, diced tomato, lettuce, diced cucumber, and chopped red onion. Put it in a lunch box and it will taste great.
- Turkey Sandwiches: Combine mayonnaise or yogurt with minced garlic, diced onion, minced celery, salt, and pepper to taste. Put in a lunch box and watch the compliments roll in.
- Sausages and Peppers: Heat olive oil and diced cooked sausage or peppers, combine with salt and pepper, mix with mayonnaise or yogurt. Cover and refrigerate overnight and they will taste like you are indulging in some light comfort food.
These are some of my favorite lunch ideas that are packed with a tasty filling. Now I know some of you out there will be like “what about the carbs in the sausage and peppers? and while I understand that may be the case, the filling is in part healthy fare and in part is filled with nutrient-rich goodness.
See how easy it is!
Make these ideas work for you and you will see how your body will be healthier and your lunch money will fly!. Try it out now and pack in lunch for your office, you will be able to see that it is one of the best ways to pack lunch for your office party. Be amazed at how easy it is. You will be amazed at how you can pack the same foods but with some delicious fillings. And in doing so you will feel like you are heading out for a delicious meal.
Thank you for reading the full blog post! I hope this will help you to find out some cool food ideas for a kid’s lunch box without any worries.