Tips for Perfect Pizza Dough Recipe New York Style
Though Italy is its origin country, this dish is widely popular almost in every country in the world. Whether it is lunch, dinner, or a quick bite, this is the dish that often comes to our mind. Loaded with cheese and topped with tomatoes, olive, veggies, meat, and different seasoning, this dish comes in a round shape. Yes, I am talking about our favorite PIZZA!! There was a time when very few Italian pizzerias were there making pizzas, now it is available in almost every food corner, quick bites, cafes, restaurants, and famous chain shops like Dominos. But you should know that making it at home is not tough and you can prepare a perfect pizza just by following some steps. In this blog post, we will share some tips for the pizza dough recipe New York.
What is different in New York-style pizza?
New York-style pizza has larger and wider slices within a thin crust that is foldable yet crispy. The sauce tends to be sweet with tomato sauce and contains a lot of cheese, both in the base and on top. New York-style pizza tends to be heavier in texture than standard pizza but lighter in flavor. In addition to cheese and sauce, the toppings can include meat, vegetables, fruit, cheese, and other ingredients.
Usually, the base of the pizza is prepared and cooked before adding the toppings. Though some pizza ovens prepare the base separately from the toppings, many still have a pot of boiling water with ingredients dissolved in it, which are then poured on the base and cooked. The New York-style pizza tends to have a relatively thin crust. Instead of being very crisp and high-quality, and firm, the crust is slightly moist and the sauce used on it is sweet with a slight tang taste.
The slices in the pizza dough recipe New York style have crisp edges and a soft midsection. The softness is especially evident in the midsection that is almost velvety. The toppings can include meat and cheese in varying combinations as well as herbs and vegetables. The sauce tends to be fairly thick, containing added sugar to balance the acidity of the tomatoes.
The sauce usually is prepared on a stovetop with the toppings in a covered pot. There are also pizza ovens that have a built-in stovetop where the pizza bases are heated. First, this base is prepared and then the toppings are added to it. Most common toppings are used in the New York-style pizzas include pepperoni, sausage, onions, mushrooms, green peppers, mushrooms, mozzarella, eggs, fish, anchovies, pimientos, anchovies, and cheese. Other common toppings include ham, chicken, turkey, pepperoni, ham, and pepperoni.
With these points in mind, we can now move on to the pizza-making process. There are two basic ways to make pizza. One way is to use a cooking machine that allows you to prepare the dough ahead of time and then, when you are ready, have the machine mix the dough and roll it out for you. This is my preferred method, although the commercial varieties tend to have great crust color and texture, so this is far from a perfect way to make pizza. Another way is to use a baking pan. To make pizza in a pan, you just have to place the pizza dough in the pan, cover it with a thin layer of sauce, and then cover the entire pan with pizza sauce. Cover the entire pizza with a second thin layer of sauce, leaving a little lip around the edge of the pan. Now cover the entire pan with more sauce, this time leaving another lip around the edge. Finally, sprinkle with more cheese and bake in a 400-degree oven for about 15-20 minutes.
Tips to make the perfect New York-syle pizza dough:
Now when you already know the pizza-making process, let’s move to the points through which you can make the pizza dough recipe new york style perfectly. Following are some steps you should keep in mind,
- The first thing to do is to make sure that the dough is not too sticky. This is easy to do. Turn out the dough onto a clean surface and sprinkle it with flour. Have a mixing bowl nearby and mix the dough with a fork. Add enough water to make it pliable but not soft.
- Cover the dough with a soft cloth and set it aside for 10 minutes.
- Next, have the pizza stone out and prepare a water bath. Prepare a pan of water heated to boil and bring to the boil. Prepare the dough by mixing it with a fork. You should mix it with your fingers to shape it into the dough you want. Remember, the dough should be pliable but not soft.
- Make sure that the dough is doubled in volume and has been kneaded sufficiently for 30 minutes.
- Take the dough out of the mixing bowl and roll it out on the pizza stone. This is easiest done with some oil or butter on the pizza stone. Place the dough into the pan and spread the dough with a rolling pin or your hand.
- Now, sprinkle some oregano and salt according to your taste on the dough. Sprinkle sea salt as well if you prefer. Use enough flour to make the dough pliable but not soft.
- Once done, roll the dough out to about 1/8″ thickness. Use a pizza peel or spatula to roll the dough out. Once you have it rolled out to the thickness you desire, use the cooking attachment of your microwave to heat it. If you prefer not to cook your dough, cover the dough with a tea towel and let it warm up for about 20 mins. Once it is warmed to the touch, use your hands to press the dough down into a thin sheet. Use the peel to transfer the dough to a baking pan.
- Cover the pizza with a tea towel and let it rise overnight.
- Do this step again with the dough twice more, but this time use a water bath. Once it has risen, bake it in the oven for about 20 minutes at 500 degrees or until it is golden brown. The pizza is ready when it has dried a bit and pulls away from the edges of the pan.
To sum up,
Making the perfect pizza dough recipe New York is not that tough if you correctly follow the above-mentioned tips and cook the pizza in the said way. Pizzas are one of the best delicacies in the world and a great meal to have any time in the day. I hope this blog post will help you make the perfect thin-crust New York-style pizzas for your home. So when are you going to make it? Share your experience with us in the below comment box. We’d love to hear from you!!